When must an Employer Register with the UI Commissioner for UIF purposes?

  • Post category:UIF

The following employers must register with the UI Commissioner:

If employer is not required to register for employees’ tax purposes at SARS;

An Employer who has not registered voluntarily as an employer for employees tax purposes at SARS;

Employer who is not liable for the payment of SDL.

Employer/employee is not required to contribute in following circumstances:

An employee and his/her/their employer, where such employee is employed by the employer for less than 24 hours a month;

Employees and employers in the national and provincial spheres of Government who are officers or employees as defined in Section 1(1) of the Public Service Act 1994 (Proclamation No. 103 of 1994);

The President, Deputy President, a Minister, Deputy Minister, a member of the National Assembly, a permanent delegate to the National Council of Provinces, a Premier, a member of an Executive Council or a member of a provincial legislature;
Any member of a municipal council, a traditional leader, a member of a provincial House of Traditional Leaders and a member of the Council of Traditional Leaders