Register for tax

If you need to register for tax,  confused or uninformed, we will have no problem in providing you with the information you require in order to make everything easier for you.

If you need to register for tax, follow these instructions to complete your registration:

  • You will need to complete the IT 77 form which is available from a SARS branch office or provided on their website.
  • Once the form has been completed, you should visit your nearest SARS Bbranch office to hand it in. You will be required to take a certified copy of your ID document, passport or your drivers license.
  • Once you are registered, you will receive your tax number.
  • You can register for eFiling which is a free service provided by SARS. Users claim that it is a fast and convenient way of working with SARS.

If you have forgotten your tax number you can ask SARS for it in a few ways:

  • You can visit your nearest SARS branch to get it. Please take along your ID.
  • You can get it on eFiling if you are registered. You only need to do is log in and check your number.
  • You can ask for it from the SARS Contact Centre on 0800 00 7277.  You will need to have your ID number on hand because they will need to authenticate who you are.